Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Halfway there



Well I am over halfway to my $1k goal at 10nl. I think I started the challenge the 4th or 5th, so ~55 buyins in 10 days isn't bad, but it is 10nl after all. This challenge has been fun for numerous reasons. It has forced me to get back to some basics that I had gotten away from and was causing me to spew. It's pretty funny because I played a hand where I flopped an OESFD (Open ended straight flush draw) a couple days ago and 3 barreled and the guy called me down with bottom pair for his stack. Gotta love it!

I have settled some of my verbal abuse at the tables as losing/winning $10 here and there isn't anything to get mad over. Hopefully I can continue my attitude as I move back up. I might try and write up a couple things I found while playing 10nl afterwards.

I am going to start fishing each week in a circuit which I am really excited about. It will help get me back into fishing semi-competitively again and just get me used to being back on the water and fishing different places. My 2 year goal with fishing is to be in the local club and fishing those along with other somewhat local tournaments. It's very motivating to think about and will also provide a release from poker. Fishing is relaxing but will also still allow me to compete for fairly little monetary fun.

June is going well so far. I am behind my 175k hand prop bet for the month, I think I'm around ~65k hands so far. So, I need to step that up but I don't have anything planned until the 4th of July therefore I should just continue getting in alot of volume and enjoying the benefits of playing alot.....ie money and fpps nom nom nom.

1 comment: