Wednesday, June 23, 2010

USA soccer, fishing and poker




I have to start off with the USA World Cup game this morning where Donovan scored in the 91st minute. This definitely ranks high on my all time favorite sports moments, given that England was winning 1-0, eliminating us unless we scored, which happened with 3 minutes left in the game. I'm probably partial since I played soccer growing up until college but I'm glad to see the USA soccer program grow and get to a level that we are no longer a laughing stock and potentially a threat to other powerhouse countries now.

I also started fishing a local Tuesday night circuit last night. Unfortunately I didn't catch any keepers to weigh in and get some points but it was a learning experience and probably for the best. As simple as fishing seems to many it can be very tough and many uncontrollable variables come into play with fishing. Travis (my step-dad) weighed in 4 fish, had big bass and finished 2nd. So, we caught plenty of fish and I had my chances as I lost a keeper that was about 2 lbs with an hour left but that's fishing and some days things just don't go your way. There are 10 tournaments left and I still have an above average chance to make the end of the season classic so I'm just gonna keep putting in my time and making the most of the opportunities as they present themselves. Plus fishing is extremely enjoyable for me and is second nature, even after an almost 10 year hiatus. It's crazy to think how good or competitive I am and can be given almost a decade off.

My 10nl challenge is cruising along as well. I've been playing other limits as well as some Rush poker so I haven't been devoting all of my time to it. I am up ~66 buy ins now after 84k hands and will just continue to play 10nl when I feel like it. The past ~20k hands at 10nl have been brutal but I've still managed to make some money because it is 10nl after all.

I am around 110k hands so far on the month. Which leaves me 65k hands shy with 7 days to go to reach my 175k hand goal and prop with Natisfinest. I haven't talked to him recently but I'm sure that sicko has like 250k hands in already because he's a sick grinder. Today has been a day off for me and I'm going to try and wake up and just play tomorrow so I'm hoping for maybe 15k hands tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. impressive nl10 graph sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dash,
    I am player on PokerStars and met you at a $0.10 table. I've been playing a few years and I am sometimes up but mostly overall down a few thousands. Because I recently came across poker-edge and I'm giving it a try I checked your stats and I am blown away...You are the only player with a fantastic graph, going ALWAYS up...I noticed you play a lot of tables at the same time too. So...I would really, really appreciate if you would take the time to direct me to where I can learn your startegy, or tell me in short the rules you follow to achieve such a fantastic performance. I dream of becoming a pro online player. I have a wife and 2 small children and it would help a lot if I could stay at home and have your "job". I am good when I play live, but online I tend to play too many hands and risk too much. I tilt and go crazy - one time I went from $100 to over $2000 in about a month and because of some bad beats, I started to ignore bankroll management, played higher and higher stakes and after more bad luck lost all in 2 or 3 days. I start again and again this plan - make 10% a day, but after a successful while I fail - I guess I hate variance and you are the only pro that doesn't have much draw down. So...again - please teach me, I beg you :) Shouldn't be too hard to lay down a few rules. I looked at the hands you play at it looks like you only play strong pockets and good position and play them aggressive. But how do you play so many tables?...Do you have software or hardware that helps, maybe a bot?... If I worry about stats shown by poker-edge, who's loose, crazy or tight - it's hard to follow one table...I'd be happy to keep in touch with you - my email is boagdon@hotmail.com
    Thank you!...

    ReplyDelete