Saturday, October 31, 2009

Finally Moved to San Diego and getting adjusted!!!






We left last Saturday morning in 40 degree raining weather and arrived Monday morning to 90 and sunny weather. It took us around 30+ hours to drive from northern Indiana to Southern California but it was a boring and very amazing drive as well.

The first part of our journey down through Illinois and through Missouri were nothing really special. It is all pretty flat and you couldn't pick the side of the road from one state or another. We were able to cruise pretty fast through Missouri though, so at least that was fun. We stopped in Joplin MO and wow was that a hillbilly town. We stopped for the night somewhere in Texas. The drive through New Mexico and Arizona was pretty amazing. Specifically the drive from Flagstaff to Phoenix as it was mostly downhill and involved somewhat high speeds for the majority of it. We spent our final night on the road in Yuma, New Mexico. Woke up with a nice 2ish hour drive to San Diego that involved an hour or so through the mountains again that involved some not so slow speeds again.

Its been around 5 days since we have moved in and it is just ridiculous how close we are to everything. Ikea, 5 minutes. 2 story Target, 5 minutes. Any high-end store you could ever think of is 5 minutes down the road in the Fashion Valley Mall, which is supposed to be the nicest mall in SoCal or something.

CJ and I went on a double date last night to start the night out. The girls are in the Navy and we went to some hybachi steak house and had a decent time. We came back and the girls decided to dip out sooo we were like woteva and hit up BW and Cow to see if they wanted to go out.

There is another house of poker guys in the area as well and we have hung out with them a few times. They are all pretty good guys and it's always cool to meet guys who play for a living and there backgrounds and where they come from and what not. The guys are Fantasticow, BW07507, Zachvac, AbstractPB (pretty sure I messed that up). They have a ridiculous house overlooking the ocean but are all pretty awesome guys.

CJ and I went out with Cow and BW last night to PB and wow. The girls out here are already ridiculously hot but it's Halloween and bars by the beach....you do the math ;). We wondered around for a little bit and eventually settled on a bar that we got free cover passes for. The first girl CJ starts talking to looks like a busto Brooke Hogan. We go through the normal "Yeah we all play poker for a living" she says "no way my friends do too" to which we are all like ooooh here we go sure you know someone that plays. Well she introduced us to 3 mid/high stakes regs and it was just so random and awesome. DerekJ (crushes 5/10 sh), Craigthedeac(Lego Poker Coach, FTops winner and mid steaks reg) and Gordo 16 who crushes 25/50 plo. It was just so random but we talked with Derek for a few and Craig for a little bit and the guys were really cool and chill. I'm sure I came off like a little fan boy but it was just so random and cool so whatever.

CJ did his thing and ran game on numerous girls collecting numbers like he was on the button and 8/6 nits were in the blinds. I dropped the ball a bit and am pretty m ad at myself for not getting at least 3-4 numbers from the girls I talked with. I don't really get why I'm just such a passive bitch sometimes but it's a mental thing. I'm still a little messed up from my last ex but what can you do. No more!!!! BW and Cow were awesome guys and we had a really good time talking with randoms as well as watching CJ work his girl magic. BW and I got our game on with this ridiculously hot stewardess for awhile and Cow was just his mysterious self. I'm still waiting for Cow to just care and start to crush girls as much as he crushes 5/10.

Overall our first night out was awesome in so many ways. I even won credit card roullete somehow and didn't have to pay for our meal at Denny's afterwards. I really can't put into words how amazing and overall +ev this move has been and is going to be for me. We keep meeting really nice people and ridiculously hot girls everywhere we go and the weather is just always perfect. I can't picture myself ever moving back to Indiana or the midwest any time soon or any time later on for that matter.

This blog is a big mash up and not too detailed as an attempt to try and catch up on the past week of festivities. Hopefully I can stay up to date with it and include more details from now on.

4 comments:

  1. collecting numbers like he was on the button and 8/6 nits were in the blinds. hah hah awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that your new apartment? I hate you just a little bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sick life!

    I read gordo's blog also, I'll keep an eye for you if he gives you a shout out hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes this is a furnished apartment Kayla....give mine awhile ;)........I doubt gordo will shoutout, he was pretty trashed

    ReplyDelete