Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Off to a good start this year....well kinda



I am fairly happy with the start to the year so far. I wish I was running at even EV for the extra ~$500 but what can you do. I'm still feeling very confident with my play and continuing to get better. My biggest weakness is definitely heads up/short handed play but I am actively trying to start tables and play short handed. I am getting better but its going to be tough because I'm terrible at short handed and heads up.

I had a ~10 hour session the other night where I got insta-stuck 4-5 buyins and was 6 buyins below ev. The bad part about this was that I was stuck within my first hour of the session which I started at ~10:30 pm west coast time. Needless to say I grinded through the night until 7am the next day and finally ended up a little bit, but booked a win none the less.

I'm trying not to focus too much on consecutive wins but I haven't had a losing session at 50nl FR since before Christmas, the same with a losing day. Overall my poker confidence is at an all time high and I'm excited to play and get better every day. My coach/staker is pleased, as you would imagine also and thinks I might be ready for 100nl fr in the next 2 weeks or so. I want to get at least 50k hands under my belt with the same 5-7ptbb/100 winrate and I think I will be ready to attempt 100. This will be my first real attempt at jumping up besides a few shorter sessions I have played in the past.

I just want to continue playing my best poker and hopefully continue this fantastic start to the year for as long as I can. It's amazing how I have figured out a couple of things along with not running horribly and I'm beating the limit for a solid winrate.

Some people from back home recently moved out here as well. It was nice to meet up with them and their two parents as I have known the whole family since I was like 8 or something like that. Should be fun going out with them and catching up as they are both really cool girls.

My roomate from Indy is also flying into town this weekend, so Im really excited to hangout with him as well as I haven't seen him in a few months and we always have a great time. Hopefully he doesn't mind sleeping on the floor as we still do not have any furniture, besides the recliner. But what the hell are we supposed to do, all we do is play poker and ship dollas am I right????

No comments:

Post a Comment