Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Switched back to Full Ring

After much debate and discussion with numerous people, I swallowed my pride and went back to Full Ring. I think my play style is much more suited for Full Ring at the moment for one as well as being much more comfortable at Full Ring in general. I actually don't despise FR as much as I thought I would and find myself better, given the past ~50k+ hands at 6 max the past few weeks.

My staker has asked that I play no more than 10 tables for the time being at 50nl to learn things. This has helped out tremendously. I've noticed numerous leaks and misapplications of theories I was doing wrong, mostly due to not having the time to think out hands from playing so many tables. I know given some more hands I could play 14-16 just as effectively as 10 but for the time being I'm going to continue to learn and fix leaks.

The past ~7k hands have me up well over $400 between 50 and 25nl. I am running well for one thing but have also started to notice glaring leaks by many regs/fish and starting to exploit those. Hopefully I can crank out 20-30k hands before the end of the month and maybe be able to add some tables while at 50.

I found this site explaining the top 10 hidden images in cartoons and it's very interesting. I recommend taking a look at them. http://bezbrige.com/index.php/WoW/top-10-hidden-images-found-in-cartoons.html

Christmas is a couple days away and it feels so weird not seeing snow or being around family. I kind of had to sacrifice being around family for the holidays upon moving out here and given the past few weeks since I've lost a good amount of money playing poker. Overall though I am getting my confidence back and on an upswing for sure!!

6 comments:

  1. Amen, the prodigal son has returned. I'm glad to hear it. 9-handed is the way the game was meant to be played; and even though I've flunked out of cash school, I'm yet still able to crush 8 and 9-handed donkaments. When you master these, then and only then is it time to move on to study Galfond and Moshman and find your inner 6-max and HU ninja. Shorter games seem like a handy shortcut, and, even when you know that, you may think you can cut others taking such a shortcut off at the pass, but there are no true shortcuts.

    Well, unless you are Brian Townsend... but never mind that now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But seriously: I get to trudge thru the snow to see family tomorrow. Didn't feel too nice about it until I read your post and now I guess I'll count my blessings, then. Have a merry X-mas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously wtf is your problem conan??? Im glad the highlight of your day is reading my blog and taking joy in my shortcomings, then when I do well you some how turn it into a negative.....im sure you are a great person in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, Dashornman, I know we've exchanged a few short words on the felt, and maybe I brought some of that here a while back (like early September?), which was wrong of me, but away from the tables, truth be told, I absolutely admire your grinding spirit. I'm rather jealous, to be honest, and I didn't mean my gentle chiding to come across as snide. I wouldn't have brought to your attention above to two of the best poker minds that I've found after years of research (and they are such
    especially when it comes to short-handed NLHE) if I wanted you to fail. If I didn't respect you and your game I sure wouldn't be here "tapping the glass" I promise you that. And while I don't recall ever mocking your success, and surely I haven't always bothered to celebrate it, if anything I ever said came across mockingly, I'm doubly sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. too many 10cent phrases/words in the last post for me to understand the tone of it. keep grinding dash and merrrry kwanza. ps just got home from the bars, we should def hit up the PB bar scene sometime if u wanna kick it with a mere unl peasant like myself :) Rdogg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Rdogg.

    Are you raffdog btw and pm me on 2+2 and we will def get together sometime????

    ReplyDelete