Saturday, September 5, 2009

$125/hr....finally back to running good/normal




I was going to play in the $109 WCOOP NL tourney today and then right before the tournament was starting I broke my mouse. Something I have worked really hard on is tilt control and acting like a 6 year old sometimes and throwing things. This can only hinder my poker development as I move up and is something I'm perfectly aware of but sometimes after running bad/playing bad for an extended period of time it just gets to me. Plus tantrums at $40 per mice is not a good habit to get into.

Since I broke my second mouse, I had to go get a new one at Target. It was a fun trip as my friend Yoosuk was with me and was searching for a non graphic t-shirt which is basically impossible nowadays but we somehow managed to find a couple shirts. Anyways after my somewhat standard purchase of 2 4-packs of sugar free redbull, mouse, t-shirt and batteries I return home to go on a nice heater.

I've never made 10 buy ins over a 3k hand stretch starting out the day and it felt awesome, considering my last 100+k hands of variance laden poker. I also shipped the most hands bet in two weeks against Vangaurd, eventhough we both played a sad amount of hands. So, I'm feeling really good being up $350 in 2 hours and am gonna put in another sesh this evening. My goal is to make $500 and then go out and have a good time tonight with friends in town. My social life is really killing me getting in hands but I guess I'm just gonna have to put in a couple 20k hand days coming up this month.

3 comments:

  1. Conan, why do you have terrible etiquette?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Schadenfreude is a perfectly healthy emotion for NLHE, imo. You don't smile when you hit a two outer? Geez.

    ReplyDelete