Saturday, September 12, 2009

Can't get rid of variance



The first 11 days of this month have been super swingy. It's just so sick how many flopped sets I lose with, how many rivers I'm getting raised with 2pair and better hands. I've essentially played 30k hands of breakeven poker the past few days. It's kind of sad and good but I'm getting really used to "running bad" and all the swings.

I've cut tables to 12-18 for the time being and have been crushing again. I'm hoping to cut down a little bit on my variance as well but its hard to do sometimes against fish that you can't put on a range of hands ever.

I'm going to try and only play 12-18 tables for another 20-30k hands and see how it goes. The extra money I'm making more than makes up for the fpps and extran hands I would be getting in. I've also temporarily decided to just play 25 without taking 50 shots and just aim to make at least $200 a day from 25. I know the amount of money I need to make by the end of the month to be comfortable to move and $200 a day will easily get me there. I think I am going to try and make 2k from 25 and then start taking shots at 50nl when I have some money saved and bills taken care of.

I also have this ongoing battle with my penis as well. I was out the other night with some friends and 3 girls were into me and I just choose to walk away and not do anything about it for some reason.........seriously fml. These aren't ugly girls that I'm not into either I just think its a combo of many things going on in my life now that lead me to not wanting to do anything with a girl at this time. Oh well theres always the next day and the next to finally say fuck it and do something about it if I wanted.

Supernova free roll is today as well as saturday afternoon games which are always sick good.

3 comments:

  1. Hah hah, this one goes out to you sir (NSFW) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeEPWvopnsw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are avoiding distractions - with the move coming sounds wise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying but girls keep popping into my life and its a tough balance. I know once I move I will be 98% devoted to poker for 2-3 months so I'm just gonna have to suck it up for awhile.

    ReplyDelete