Monday, September 21, 2009

5 Days till I leave Indy

After a great weekend and going away get together Saturday night I am closing in on my final 5 days here in Indy. I had a great time with everyone who came out and I couldn't have asked for a more fun/chill night with friends. I will definitely miss some people once I leave but that's what things like facebook and cell phones are for, plus I will be moving to a great vacation spot so I'm sure I will see some people in the future.

Our lease is not up until the 30th but I have decided it is probably best to go ahead and move Saturday for numerous reasons. By moving Saturday it will allow me to spend more time with my family, as opposed to leaving Tuesday and seeing them for an hour that night. I am going to be staying at Joeys for a week or two before we move, therefore stopping by and seeing my family before I go to his place is along the way. It will also give me an extra couple of days of solid grinding as well to continue to pad my bankroll and bank account before moving.

We have settled on an apartment and location but unfortunately the earliest we could move in would be October 6th. No big deal as I could use the extra time get my bank account to a more comfortable level to move across the country.

I am really excited about the move and am basically over Indianapolis and am looking forward to the next part of my life. I'm really looking forward to taking my poker game/career to the next level and living with Joey will definitely help me tremendously. Also, just the idea of living in San Diego where it never snows and is basically climatically perfect is a pretty awesome thought as well. My focus for the next few months once we are moved will be moving up and getting my poker career to a place where I will feel comfortable financially, start to plan for my future and have time for a girlfriend and dating again. Not that I am opposed to hanging out with girls or whatever but having a girl in my life is -EV because they take alot of time and are somewhat distracting. I don't mean to sound callous towards having a girlfriend but I tend to devote alot of time towards a girl and a relationship when I find a girl I'm really into and it cuts into poker, which I am not ready to let happen at this point.

I have also never been west of the Mississippi either so the move really presents many new experiences for me and my life. I am very optimistic and am curious to see where I will be in 3 to 6 months.

Poker is going alright......I'm 14k fpps away fromt he 1k cash bonus and about 38kvpps away from the 2k milestone bonus. I would like to reach both before moving but I'm not sure if I will hit the 2k milestone or not, which If I don't I will hit very soon once I have moved.

I'm up a few hundred at 50 since I've started playing in ~20k hands. I feel as though I am playing well, making good reads and making great lay downs. I have def spewed 2-400 which sucks but is all part of the learning process. I've also managed to run KK into AA a gross amount of times, I think 13 or 14 through this stretch as well as some other sick things but that's poker. I am feeling very comfortable and confident I will be able to continue to beat 50 and get better and better.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the move. Girls are definitely -EV when it comes to poker, even worse than that is having a young family as you simply don't get the chance to play uninterupted like ever!

    ReplyDelete