Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Shot taking ftw!!!



Had a nice shot taking session early today with Joey sweating/coaching and it went very well. I played about 2k hands of 100nl and another 2k hands of 50nl overall today. It's amazing and demoralizing at the same time to find out how many leaks I had and how truly terrible of a poker player I am. It is hard to hear how awful you are at something but if you want to get better you have to be honest with yourself and be able to take constructive criticism.

Having lived here for a few days now I have started to get into a routine. I got a gym membership, since Joey was already working out 5 times a week and that has been great mentally and physically. I missed working out and it's nice to have someone else to go with and it's also a great break from poker as well. After 3 hard days of lifting my body isn't as sore as I thought it would be. I have also been closing out my workout with at least a 1 mile run each night.

It's a surreal feeling to sit here and think that I'm not going back to Indy in a few days. I will miss my great friends but I am also very happy and optimistic to continue getting better at poker and moving to San Diego. A little over a year ago I was at a low point in my life and I never would have guessed that I would be playing poker successfully for ~9 months now and in a position to move to San Diego, just because I can and want to. I can only imagine where I will be 1 year from now looking back at the great accomplishments I have achieved as well as my life progression.

Overall this month was a failure yet victory at the same time. I did not achieve 300k hands or get the 2k milestone bonus but I did move (temporarily) and get one step closer to San Diego and have started aggressively shot taking with Joey being a big help. I failed a couple prop bets but rocket/goosefrabba was really cool and let me buy out for a little cheaper, shouts out to goose!

October is going to be a busy and awesome month. I'm gonna finish saving up for the move, move and actually be seeing sandy beaches and palm trees within a few weeks........sick life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment