Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor day distractions.....



Now that Labor day festivities are over (almost) I can now refocus on nothing but poker again. I have fallen behind pace and am probably gonna play 20k hands Wednesday or Thursday of this week to catch me back up.

Saturday was good times as people were in town for various Labor Day get togethers. I had a +$500 day Saturday and decided to book the win after only 5k hands and go out and celebrate with my roommate and friends.

Celebrate we did! Two of my friends do not drink so this always makes for an interesting dynamic when we go out as most of the time, noone wants to get stuck talking to the sober girl in a group of girls. This is exactly what happened of course.

My roommate has stepped up his game recently and proceeded to buy 4 shots and him and I go look for girls to give 2 shots to. I was somewhat against this as I think it is somewhat creepy to just walk up to girls with shots, asking them to take them. Anyways, he does it anyways, makes eye contact with a girl and off he goes asking me to follow, I reluctantly follow, not because I do not like girls but because I just think its creepy to walk up to girls with shots already, like "Heyyyy girls we got these ruphie shots for you". I obviously do not condone, nor have I ever done this to a girl and wish nothing but the worst for those who do but I can't help but think that's what it looks like from a girls perspective. I walk over and start talking with the 3 other girls as he has one cornered and shes into him. I am entertaining the group, do introductions, say some funny things to lighten them up a bit and of course there is a sober, "I hate men and don't wanna be out with my drunk friends while they have a good time because I'm too pretentious to attempt to have a good time at a bar" sober friend. We talk about careers and they seem excited and interested that I play poker for a living.

Now the sober friend is probably the biggest obstacle you will face at the bar scene while attempting to hit on girls. She is the gatekeeper and ultimately the decision maker to when and where the group of girls go, unless it is a Bachelorette party or some special occasion. My sober friend spotted the sober girl and attempted to distract her while I entertained and ran game on the other two girls. Then for some reason, the very beautiful brunette (Really like brunettes) who had a nice rack, apparently (I was later reminded) was totally into me and I knew it at the time but just didn't care. This has been a growing problem the past couple of months as I have these girls T'd up and I just don't care. It's almost like I'm just doing it for the challenge then once I realize I can get them, I dont care. Soooo apparently my penis has stopped cooperating with the rest of my body and I am not happy with the current cold war between my brain and penis. That pretty much sums it up, have a gorgeous girl into me and I'm like F it lets go somewhere else......and that's pretty much the night.

I think part of it could be that I am so focused on poker and moving that I mentally don't even want to deal with girls because they are so much -life EV it's not really worth it, unless I am just gonna hook up with them. I am not one of these types of guys either, my mother did all too well of a job raising me properly and to respect women well enough that I normally can't hook up with a random.....fml right.

SO, poker, me......256k hands left this month basically. Up 10 bis today so far and probably gonna play at least one more 3-5k hand sesh before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment