Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Stopped downswing......for a minute




I dropped down and played a few K hands at 10nl. I ran breakeven and a few buyins below ev of course but it helped me get me back in the right mental state to start playing and winning again. Then I moved back up to 25 and shipped 4 buyins in ~2k hands and felt really great about my game. The second sesh in the afternoon yesterday I lost 5 buyins in ~1400 hands or so.......it's just so fing sick how many sets I flop where the villain flops a straight or turns a straight/flush and I can't fold at that point due to the amount of money already in the pot or villain is loosish etc...

This hand pretty much sums up my last session yesterday....There are a few interesting points in this hand. Villain was 17/17~30 hands short handed.

-I 3b because it was our first couple hands HU (Heads Up) and I wanted to see how villain would respond to 3bets and I thought I was 3betting for value against him.
-I definetly make the mistake of betting the flop. I fold out everything I beat and only get value from a couple draws such as AQ/AJ/QJ since we are kind of deep.
-The turn is just sick. I think c/shoving is probably best here long term but since we are still pretty deep I could maybe c/c here as well with it not being too awful because if villain has KK/TT/33 I doubt he is folding with the pot being so large and it being a backdoor flush draw that hits.

So I made 2 critical mistakes in this hand, leading the flop and leading the turn imo but once the spade hits on the turn I don't believe there is any way to get away from this hand.


***** Hand History for Game 32055970599 ***** (Poker Stars)
$25.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, August 25, 06:43:16 ET 2009
Table Pollux II (Real Money)
Seat 9 is the button
Seat 7: Dashornman ( $34.95 USD )
Seat 9: ele11ven ( $37.05 USD )
ele11ven posts small blind [$0.10 USD].
Dashornman posts big blind [$0.25 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Dashornman [ Ts As ]
ele11ven raises [$0.65 USD]
Dashornman raises [$3.00 USD]
ele11ven calls [$2.50 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 3s, Kd, Th ]
Dashornman bets [$4.10 USD]
ele11ven calls [$4.10 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 8s ]
Dashornman bets [$12.30 USD]
ele11ven raises [$29.70 USD]
Dashornman calls [$15.30 USD]
ele11ven wins $2.10 USD
** Dealing River ** [ 4d ]
Dashornman shows [Ts, As ]
ele11ven shows [Kc, Ks ]
ele11ven wins $68.90 USD from main pot


Afterwards villain insta sits out and then proceeds to tell me he doesn't play HU. I tell him hes full of **** and that we have played a few hands already and played 3 handed for a few more hands as well. Basically, I don't care what you say villain but you def hit n ran me. Then he says something like "Thanks for getting the thread started" in reference to the 2+2 thread, petitioning for 50bb min tables and helping get them for the micros. I took this as a huge needle and a definite d-bag thing to say, as in thanks for getting these tables started because if you hadn't I wouldn't have stacked you.......oh well......plenty of villains like this and I normally end up getting the last laugh when people start things like this with me.


Overall my mental state is still pretty strong. I made a good quit yesterday after this hand and my friend Dan was here sweating me. Eventhough I was stuck 5 buyins I felt tilt starting to happen and just X'd out of Stars and went and had some dinner and discussed poker for awhile. I plan on playing a lot of hands today and don't have any other distractions, with friends coming over, errands or things to do around the apartment.

1 comment:

  1. Another freaking lurker a.hole.

    Just leaving would be bad, but I think trying to justify his hit-n-ran makes it worse.

    ReplyDelete