Sunday, August 23, 2009

Stop Loss.......for the loss

Yesterday started my hand volume prop bet with Vanguard. I played ~6300 hands and ended up hitting my stop loss, which forced me to quit. A stop loss is a number I have set for myself that if I hit, I quit playing no matter what. There is a certain pain threshold individual to each player. At that threshold it is pretty close to impossible to play your best game, therefore quitting is just best.

Conveniently as I was hitting my stop loss my roommate and friends came home/over and wanted to go out. It was nice to go out and have some drinks and get my mind off poker for awhile.

I went to church for the first time in years with some friends and their family this morning as well which was refreshing. I was able to relax and not really think about anything for a few hours which was very refreshing. It wasn't the spiritual enlightenment/reassurance that many receive from going to church but in a way it was my own version of that. I've had struggles over the years with religion in general due to various personal negative interactions and hypocrisies with important people in my life but haven't completely shut out the option in the future. I think it's important to keep an open mind in life in general.

Getting ready to start up the second day of the challenge and am aiming to play at least 7k hands today.

Graph so far......weeeeeeeee poker is fun.......~64% of the time ;). I don't think I've had a 6k hand stretch where I only stacked 1 full stack during that period ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment