Monday, August 24, 2009

Stopped downswinging maybe????


Well, I continued to downswing yesterday, which put me in the red for the month. I haven't been in the red this late in the month ever but I am just gonna bear down and keep grinding, there is no other option. The graphy graph......fml....maybe it has bottomed out though....we shall see planning on at least 10k hands today. I am running ~7 buyins below ev of course but I always run below ev so that doesn't really bother me much.

I lost ~ another 4 buyins at the Quarter ($25 nl) in a few k hands in my first sesh and decided to drop down to 10NL. I haven't played 10nl seriously, for money EVER. I have dropped down a few times to try out things or build confidence when I'm running bad but it was something that had to be done in order to not bust my roll.

I cleared the $650 bonus last night as well and over the past few weeks have cashed out a good chunk of my roll to pay bills etc.......and just haven't made ANY money at all. I think I'm gonna play 10nl until I make 10 buyins and then move back up and start crushing the Quarter once again. The confidence I will gain, as well as analyzing my play will be priceless and I have no ego problems about dropping down. At the end of the day this is a job/career and it's all about making as much money as you possibly can.

****The show 2m2mm on G4 aired its second episode last night as well and was a very solid episode. It is a great insight into the high stakes poker world, yes it is glamorized for tv purposes but the group of 4 guys on the show portray the poker world very well imo. For those of you interested or curious about the poker lifestyle/world check it out on G4 sometime. It's also entertaining to watch young-mid 20 somethings spend as well as make absurd amounts of cash and just have fun.

3 comments:

  1. Nice blog. Look forward to reading more. That downswing looks painful. Did you do something to your game that preceded it or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciate the support TWM. My game has stayed the same (via HH review sessions and feels the same when I'm playing). It's just an absurb amount of sets losing to an endless amount of straights, overpairs losing to turned/rivered 2pr, getting raised a crazy amount on the river with strong hands and being forced to bet/fold. I have spewed ~5 buyins or so....but it is what it is I guess.

    Overall it is a ton of standard hands and only stacking ~6 full stacked villains during this 13k hand stretch. Basically losing std hands and not winning any big ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing u all the best, expect to see u back at 25 in no time, if I don't pull things back around, I will probably be joining u down at the 10 for awhile.

    Thanks for heads up about 2m2mm too, loved ep1, makes a change from HSP and PAD :-)

    ReplyDelete